fredag 4 december 2009

Big screen fly fishing

Yesterday was a new experience for me !
I visited “Rise - Fly Fishing Film Festival” that has been touring Europe this fall and came to Göteborg yesterday.
It was a theatre full off fly fishing nerds like myself, people you don´t expect to meet as civilians.
Who, like myself usually is found alongside a stream or a shoreline.
I rearly meet anybody while fishing for trout but I might see traces of someone, as a footprint, a broken twig or a fly caught by a tree. These small traces of fellow fly fishers is always interesting to stumble across, and the person that left the trace is a illusive but good fly fisher who seems too return his catches and leave the stream almost untouched. Yesterday I meet a few of them, the illusive once... we were shown a teaser of a trout fishing film made by two really good troutfishers, fishing in one of my own “special streams” the film seems to bee a very good film (In Swedish) and is called Mayfly madness.
Next time I find a footprint of the illusive one walking the path before me I know who it might bee and I know he left the stream the way its supposed to bee, carefully fished and I have the same chance as he did.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar