måndag 4 januari 2010

Icy fishing

A new year has begun, and as the clock turned to 00:01 January first a new season is open!
Coastal fishing for sea trout is now open but only in the south part of Sweden and for me that means 200 km to the nearest fishable coast.
I have never been fly fishing in the sea for sea trout, wading in cold icy water, slippery rocks and chilly wind is not that appealing sitting at home looking out on the snow.
But casting the fly for the first time even into icy water gives some warmth to the frozen surroundings.

I do not have the gear for coastal fishing, a two hand # 9 -10 or a single hand # 6 rod is the best I got, the #6 is not enough for a windy day, and #9-10 is a bit heavy.
Santa was out touring recently but did not bring me any new gear... I might have forgotten to write.

During the time of I read in blogs about people preparing for sea trout fishing, tying flies and packing gear for the opening day.
I am getting quite inspired and thinking that it might be nice to try it. Nothing planned and the winter is cold, but I think I will give it a try some time this year.

2 kommentarer:

  1. I assure you that a six-weight will work on the coast. Not even with a eight-weight you'll be able to cast into the wind. So one adapts to the wind conditions which means that you'll be alright with your six!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Thanks then I will pack some gear in the car, just in case...
    I tied a few copies of “magnus” in your recommended selection ;)

    SvaraRadera