måndag 11 januari 2010

New Tubes


Snow and ice is covering most of Sweden, so fishing is for me out of the question.
Instead I spend this winter day by sitting home with my vice and tying flies.
I have found a “type” of fly I really like to tie. At the moment I tend to tie my flies in a way (I think) a lot of Scandinavian salmon fishers build their flies. I do not like copying others but building these, I think I might bee doing just that...
Anyway, today I have built some rather big flies for spring fishing.
I will start my season in a river called Ätran, it enters sea by the town Falkenberg on the west coast. Those fishing in the river tends to use red / brown or red / black patterns, and my fly is a fairly big version of red / brown with quite a bit of glittering.
I started to use angel hair last year and I mostly use it as a body hackle, in these flies I have a bronze type that I hope will give the fly some extra attraction without being overwhelming. These are the largest I now have in my fly box, the wing is about 10 cm and will hopefully give the fly an impressive (and irresistible) volume in the current.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar