tisdag 6 april 2010

Emån Tomorrow!

A fishing license for Emsfors beat in Emån (http://www.emsforssfk.se/) is booked for tomorrow but I fear for even more water – at the moment 130m³ and rising – lots and lots of water! Bad conditions seems to follow my planned trips...
I will probably bee fishing the lower parts of the beat, probably in a pool called Nacken.
I tried this pool last year and even then in fairly bad conditions, when I was there the conditions was bad on the other side of the scale... I was fishing in September at 5m³ and the water temperature was probably better suited for swimming. Even though water level and temperature was as it was, I had my best chance for fish right in this pool. My fly caught something I thought was a rock or a log and I started to pull – then it started to pull back and made a heavy splash in the surface before my tippet broke... after that I was a bit more careful when my fly stopped in the middle of the stream.
Nacken is a very nice place to lay a cast in, it is a slow pool that ends in rapid water. A pool that running fish tend to rest in for a while (at least what I´v been told). If it is a good place to fish in spring I don´t know, but salmon moving upstream has already been caught in Emån.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar