torsdag 1 april 2010

Nothing has changed – everything is new!



Preparations for the season has this year been more intense than it has been any prior seasons for as long as I can remember. For this season more or less everything is new... new rod, new lines, new flies and so on. The rod has been taken out of its case several times the past weeks – shiny, new and admired. The shooting heads where prepared last week, cut to length and mounted. Flies has been tied for more or less the hole winter, big, bulky and hopefully with lots of movement especially for the spring fishing, a new favourite material is “burnt Spey hackle” that give a nice movement, combined with a fairly large wing I have quite some hope for this kind of fly.
Yesterday I did my final preparations and bought some flourcarbon instead of the nylon tippets I have previously used, will bee interesting to test those.

Where I will bee fishing tomorrow is Ätran in Falkenberg, last year I was fishing in 20 – 40 m² - during the entire season - and at those levels it would bee a nice and comfortable start of the season – today however, Ätran is flooding at 110 m²... a whole new river.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar