tisdag 6 april 2010

Streamside


I had planned to fish Ätran on Friday and Monday this weekend, my girlfriend thought of a very good idea and booked a room for the both of us in Grand Hotell Falkenberg with a view over tullbron – the last rapids before Ätran enter the sea.
So when I woke up, the first thing I saw looking out the window was Ätran! A lot of water but just a cast away. A cup of coffee and a sandwich then right out in the stream. Conditions was probably not the best, lots of water and and low temperature.
Since there is a lot of water I fish with a super fast sinking tippet, to get my fly a bit further down, but this tippet is not quite working with my casting. The rod is behaving a bit nervous and is not as agile as I think it should bee in normal conditions.
As soon as water level is getting lower I hope my casting will work properly again.
I did not catch anything nor did I feel a single fish, but reports say that the first spring fish has been caught toady April 5´th, a salmon of 4,5 kg and 75 cm!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar